Top genealogists Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, Elissa Scalise Powell, Rebecca Whitman Koford, Thomas W. Jones, and Judy G. Russell will present five one-hour lectures at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah, on Friday, 19 October 2018 between 9 AM and 4:30 PM (U.S. mountain time) for the Joy Reisinger Memorial Lecture Series. Lectures are sponsored by the Board for Certification of Genealogists and are free and open to the public (registration is not required). All will be broadcast online (free registration is required, see below). The Board is an independent certifying body and author of the updated 2014 Genealogy Standards.
Times, topics, and speakers:
- 9:00 AM – “Past Conflict Repatriation: The Role of Genealogists and Methodology in Fulfilling Our Nation’s Promise.” Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, CG®
- 10:30 AM – “Deeper Analysis: Techniques for Successful Problem Solving.” Elissa Scalise Powell, CG®, CGL℠
- 1:00 PM – “John Jacob Kramer: Case Study of Mistaken Identity among Revolutionary War Soldiers.” Rebecca Whitman Koford, CG®, CGL℠
- 2:15 PM – “Using Indirect and Negative Evidence to Prove Unrecorded Events.” Thomas W. Jones, PhD, CG®, CGL℠
- 3:30 PM – “The Discriminating Genealogist: Telling Good Evidence from Bad.” Judy G. Russell, CG®, CGL℠
“Every October BCG presents a series of lectures at the Family History Library given by some of the most distinguished genealogists in our field,” said President Rick Sayre, CG®, CGL℠. “This year they are also available online. We do this to educate genealogists at all levels and to promote uniform standards of competence and ethics.”
For questions or more information contact office@BCGcertification.org.
Register for the Online Broadcasts
All five classes will be broadcast online by BCG’s webinar partner, Legacy Family Tree Webinars. BCG receives a commission if you register by clicking our affiliate links: http://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?aid=2619 to sign up individually (free), or http://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?aid=3049 to sign up for multiple classes at once.
View previous BCG webinars using our affiliate link at http://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?aid=2619. Again, BCG receives a commission if you register by clicking and buying via our affiliate link. For more information on educational opportunities, please visit: https://bcgcertification.org/learning/education/.
The words Certified Genealogist and letters CG are registered certification marks, and the designations CGL and Certified Genealogical Lecturer are service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists®, used under license by board certificants after periodic evaluation.