2020 FGS Virtual Family History Conference – “Blazing Trails in the Heart of America”
The Federation of Genealogical Societies has announced its 2020 Virtual Family History Conference will begin on September 2, 2020 which includes a number of Methodology and Skillbuilding sessions by BCG Associates.
These Associates and others are also presenting sessions on DNA, Ethnicity, Midwest, Military, Professional, and Society Management Sessions.
Registration packages allow you to select either 10, 20 or 45 sessions from the On-Demand schedule. In addition to selected sessions, each registration package includes the Live! Event with eight sessions, 16 society management sessions assembled by FGS, and more than 30 sponsored sessions.
For information and to register, go to https://fgs.org/annual-conference/.
Methodology and Skillbuilding Sessions
- Karen Mauer Jones, CG®, FGBS, FUGA – “Illegitimacy, Desertion & Divorce: Using Indirect Evidence to identify Nicholas Mauer”
- Thomas W. Jones, PhD, CG®, CGL℠, FASG, FUGS, FNGS – “*Building a Respectable Genealogy, One Documented Biography at a Time” and “Five Proven Techniques to Finding Your Ancestors’ European Origin”
- Rebecca Whitman Koford, CG® – “Military District of Ohio & Federal Bounty Land Records,” and
“Missing— Presumed Dead: A Case Study of a Civil War Soldier’s Records”
- Teresa Steinkamp McMillin, CG® – “Naturalization: The Path to Citizenship”
- Jill Morelli, CG® – “Whether the Weather and Its Impact on Our Ancestors”
- Dana A. Palmer, CG® – “Smooth Sailing – Discovering Ship Passenger Lists”
- Judy G. Russell, JD, CG®, CGL℠ – “Of Delinquents and Common Scolds: Women, Children and Criminal Justice,” “*Quarantined! Genealogy, The Law & Public Health,” and “Horse Thieves, Sabbath Breakers and Disobedient Children: Early Missouri Laws”
- Richard Sayre, CG, CGL℠, FUGA – “Government Documents: Territorial Papers of the United States and American State Papers”
- Paula Stuart-Warren, CG®, FMGS, FUGA – “What Organizations Did Your Ancestors Join? Oh, the Records That Exist!”
- Beth Taylor, CG® – “Home on the Range: U.S. Federal Land Records” and “Perches & Rods: Introducing U.S. Land Records”
* Session included in the FGS registration package.
The words Certified Genealogist and letters CG are registered certification marks, and the designations CGL and Certified Genealogical Lecturer are service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists®, used under license by board certificants after periodic evaluation.