The Board for Certification of Genealogists (BCG) has announced the following free 2020 webinars through Legacy Family Tree Webinars:
- January 21 – Jan M. Joyce, DBA, CG®,CGL℠, “Creative Hypothesis Development for Complex Genealogy Problems”
- February 18 – Barbara Vines Little, CG®,FNGS, FUGA, FVGS, “A Convincing Argument or a Convoluted Mess”
- March 17 – Karen Stanbary, CG®, “Techniques for Integrating Documentary and Genetic Information in a Research Report”
- April 21 – Rebecca Whitman Koford, CG®, CGL℠, “Maryland State Archives Decoded”
- May 19 – Teresa Steinkamp McMillin, CG®, “Discover the Holdings of German Archives”
- June 16 – David Ouimette, CG®, CGL℠, “Genealogical Treasures in Irish Archives”
- July 21 – Warren Bittner, CG®, “Elusive Immigrant: The Search for Dora Lühr”
- August 18 – Thomas W. Jones, PhD, CG®,CGL℠, FASG, FNGS, FUGA, “The Advance of Research Habits Over Recent Decades—And the Downside”
- September 15 – Melissa A. Johnson, CG®, “Reconstructing the Murphy Family Using DNA & Documentary Evidence”
- October 20 – Angela Packer McGhie, CG®, “Using DNA Test Results to Confirm a Pedigree”
- November 17 – Shannon Green, CG®, “Separating and Merging Identities of Same-Named Men”
- December 15 – Judy G. Russell, JD, CG®,CGL℠, “From the 18th to the 21st: The Records of Prohibition”
“The Board for Certification of Genealogists is pleased to present these high-quality educational webinars,” said President LaBrenda Garrett-Nelson, JD, LLM, CG®, CGL℠. “BCG provides educational offerings to family historians of all levels of experience, and promotes public confidence in genealogy by supporting uniform standards of competence.”
BCG’s webinars are normally held on the third Tuesday of each month at 8 p.m. Eastern time. In order to accommodate those who might have schedule conflicts, webinars may be accessed by the public at no charge for a week after each live broadcast. BCG webinars are always free to BCG-certified associates.
BCG receives a commission if you register by clicking and buying via our affiliate link at http://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?aid=2619. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with details on how to join the webinar. For more information contact: office@BCGcertification.org.
To see the full list of BCG-sponsored webinars for 2020, visit the BCG blog SpringBoard at https://bcgcertification.org/bcg-2020-free-webinars/. For access to all BCG webinars, see the BCG Library at Legacy Family Tree Webinars at our affiliate link: http://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?aid=2619 . To register for more than one webinar at the same time, use our affiliate link: http://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?tid=3049.
For additional resources for genealogical education, please visit: https://bcgcertification.org/learning/education/.
The words Certified Genealogist and letters CG are registered certification marks, and the designations CGL and Certified Genealogical Lecturer are service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists®, used under license by board certificants after periodic evaluation.