Returning for another three-year term as trustees of the Board for Certification of Genealogists are:
- Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, CG, of Chicago, Illinois. Board-certified since 1999, she has served as BCG Treasurer from 2010 to 2014, and President from 2014 to 2017. Bloom is a full-time professional researcher specializing in Chicago and Cook County research, problem solving, and multi-generational family histories. In her previous career she was a banker and a financial planning analyst.
- Stefani Evans, CG, of Las Vegas, Nevada. Board-certified in 2005 and elected as a trustee in 2011, she currently serves as BCG Vice President and co-chair of the conference committee. She previously served as a BCG Education Fund Trustee, a director of the National Genealogical Society (NGS), and conference chair for the NGS 2013 Family History Conference. Evans is a Doctoral candidate in the History of the North American West at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- Nancy A. Peters, CG, of Aiken, South Carolina. Board-certified in 2011, she has served as a BCG trustee and as the editor of OnBoard since 2014. As a full-time genealogist, her client work, genealogical publications, and classroom instruction focus on solving complex kinship and identity problems. In her previous career, Peters had her own consulting practice—designing, developing, and instructing software training courses for corporate clients.
Joining them are two newly elected trustees:
- Allen R. Peterson, CG, of Katy, Texas. He was board-certified in 2009 and served as the Director of the Katy Texas Family History Center for seventeen years. He began researching in Great Britain in the middle 1990s and has authored numerous articles on British and U.S. genealogy including ten that have been published in the National Genealogical Society Quarterly. Peterson recently retired as a petroleum geologist with Apache Corporation in Houston.
- Karen Stanbary, CG, of Chicago, Illinois. Board-certified since 2017, she chairs the BCG Genetic Genealogy Standards committee, working on establishing best practices for the incorporation of DNA evidence into genealogical conclusions. Stanbary is bilingual in English and Spanish, holds her MA in Clinical Social Work from the University of Chicago, and has worked as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker for the past twenty-four years.
All 15 trustees are board-certified, and all serve without compensation. Five are elected by certified associates each year. The new trustees’ terms of office will begin at the end of the October 7th trustees’ meeting in Salt Lake City.
For questions or more information contact: Nicki Peak Birch, CG, office@BCGcertification.org.
The words Certified Genealogist are a registered certification mark, and the designations CG, CGL, and Certified Genealogical Lecturer are service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists®, used under license by board certificants after periodic evaluation.