The Board for Certification of Genealogists (BCG) has announced the following free 2019 webinars through Legacy Family Tree Webinars:
- January 15 – Margaret R. Fortier, CG®, “Visualizing Information for Genealogists”
- February 19 – Melissa A. Johnson, CG®, “Applying Evidence to Genealogical Research Questions”
- March 19 – Debra S. Mieszala, CG®, “The Five-story Fall: Correlating Indirect and Direct Evidence to Extend the Pedigree”
- April 16 – LaBrenda Garrett-Nelson, J.D., LL.M., CG®, CGL℠, “Transcribing Documents: There Is More Than Meets the Eye!”
- May 21 – Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, CG®, “Valid and Unsound Assumptions: What Was She Thinking?”
- June 18 – Patricia Walls Stamm, CG®, CGL℠, “Using Another Library Source: The Government Document Section”
- July 16 – Yvette Hoitink, CG®, “Lesser Used Records for Research in the Netherlands”
- August 20 – Harold Henderson, CG®, “Ten Tools for Genealogical Writing”
- September 17 – Claire Bettag, CG®, FNGS, FUGA, “Civil Law Concepts and Genealogy”
- October 15 – Claire Bettag, CG®, FNGS, FUGA, “Civil Law Records in Genealogical Research: Notarial Records”
- November 19 – Paula Stuart-Warren, CG®, FMGS, FUGA, “Native American Research: Things You May Not Know”
- December 17 – J. Mark Lowe, CG®, FUGA, “Marriages Here, There, and Nowhere: Finding Gretna Greens and Borders”
Please note Yvette Hoitink’s July 16 webinar will be broadcast at 2 p.m. Eastern time. In addition, the two webinars by Claire Bettag on September 17 and October 15 will not be recorded and will be available ONLY via live stream.
BCG’s webinars are normally held on the third Tuesday of each month at 8 p.m. Eastern time. Unless specifically noted, webinars can be accessed by the public at no charge for one week after the live broadcast. BCG webinars remain free to BCG-certified associates.
“We are pleased to sponsor these high-quality educational webinars by BCG associates,” said President Rick Sayre, CG®, CGL℠, FUGA. “We are delighted to work again with our partner Legacy Family Tree to make these offerings available at no charge. The Board for Certification of Genealogists promotes public confidence in genealogy by supporting uniform standards of competence. These webinars are part of our effort to provide educational opportunities to family historians of all levels of experience.”
BCG receives a commission if you register by clicking our affiliate link: http://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?aid=2619. To register for more than one webinar at the same time, use our affiliate link: http://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?tid=3049.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
See the BCG Library of past Legacy Family Tree Webinars at https://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?aid=2619 for access. Again, BCG receives a commission if you register by clicking and buying via our affiliate link. For more information on BCG’s education opportunities, please visit: https://bcgcertification.org/learning/education/.
The words Certified Genealogist and letters CG are registered certification marks, and the designations CGL and Certified Genealogical Lecturer are service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists®, used under license by board certificants after periodic evaluation.