Registration for the Board for Certification of Genealogists’ twelve monthly webinars in 2023 is now live at our partner website Legacy Family Tree Webinars, BCG Upcoming Webinars (https://familytreewebinars.com/upcoming-webinars/?category=visit-www-bcgcertification-org). Dates, topics, and speakers are shown below:
- January 17 – Angela Packer McGhie, CG®, FUGA, “Document Analysis: Digging into Details”
- February 21 – Meryl Schumacker, CG®, “The Bengali and English Ancestry of Thomas Chapman: A Case Study with DNA”
- March 21 – Dana Palmer, CG®,CGL℠, “Uncovering Immigrant Origins Through Cluster Research”
- April 18 – Rick Sayre, CG®,CGL℠, FUGA, “Urban Mapping Tools”
- May 06 – Judy Russell, JD, CG®,CGL℠, “What’s In a Name: Name Changes and the Law”
- June 20 – Amy Larner Giroux, PhD, CG®,CGL℠, “Finding Your One Among Millions: Methods and Tips for Urban Research, a New York City Case Study”
- July 18 – Margaret R. Fortier, CG®, “Andiamo! Finding Your Italian Family”
- August 15 – Sharon Hoyt, CG®, “What Happened to Uncle Walter? Evidence Analysis and Correlation Uncover a Man’s Dual Identities”
- September 19 – Karen Stanbary, CG®, “Follow the Trail of Records and DNA from Ireland to Oregon (1810-18160)”
- October 17 – Ann S. Staley, CG®,CGL℠, “Steamer Kate Explosion: Correlating Indirect Evidence to Identify and Correct an Error”
- November 21 – LaBrenda Garret-Nelson, JD, LLM, CG®,CGL℠, FASG, “Why Standards Are for Everyone”
- December 19 – Nancy A. Peters, CG®,CGL℠, “Finding Sophia’s Family: A Case of Fratricide and Forgotten Identity”
“We appreciate the opportunity to present these high-quality educational webinars,” said President Faye Jenkins Stallings, CG®. “At BCG, our purpose is to promote public confidence in genealogy by supporting uniform standards of competence. These webinars help to achieve that by providing educational opportunities to family historians of all levels of experience.”
BCG’s webinars are normally aired free on the third Tuesday of each month at 8 p.m. Eastern time. Those with schedule conflicts may access the webinars at no charge for one week after the broadcast on the Family Tree Webinars website. BCG webinars are always free to BCG-certified associates.
Following the free period for these webinars, BCG receives a small commission if you view this or any BCG webinar by clicking our affiliate link: https://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?aid=2619. For access to all BCG webinars, see the BCG Webinar Library at Legacy Family Tree Webinars (https://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?aid=2619).
To see the full list of BCG-sponsored webinars for 2023, visit the BCG blog SpringBoard at https://bcgcertification.org/bcg-2023-free-webinars. For additional resources for genealogical education, please visit the BCG Learning Center (https://bcgcertification.org/learning).
The words Certified Genealogist and its acronym, CG, are a registered certification mark, and the designations Certified Genealogical Lecturer and its acronym, CGL, are service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists®, used under license by board certificants after periodic evaluation.