Registration for the Board for Certification of Genealogists’ twelve monthly webinars in 2022 is now live at our partner website Legacy Family Tree Webinars, BCG Upcoming Webinars http://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?aid=6803.
- January 18 – Beth A. Stahr, CG®, “Using Historical Fiction and Social History to Support Your Narrative”
- February 15 – Alice Hoyt Veen, CG®, “It Goes with the Territory! Find Your Ancestors in Pre-statehood Records”
- March 15 – David Rencher, CG®,AG, FUGA, FIGRS, “Identifying Unnamed Free Born African Americans – A DNA Case Study”
- April 19 – David Ouimette, CG®,CGL℠, “Proving Parentage Two Centuries Later Using DNA Evidence”
- May 17 – Mark A. Wentling, MLS, CG®, “Five Wives & A Feather Bed: Using Indirect and Negative Evidence to Resolve Conflicting Claims”
- June 21 – Denise E. Cross, MSLIS, CG®, “Negative Evidence: Making Something Out of Nothing”
- July 19 – Carolyn L. Whitton, CG®, “Ancestors’ Religions in the U.S.”
- August 16 – Jennifer Zinck, CG®, “Finding Fayette’s Father: Autosomal DNA Reveals Misattributed Parentage”
- September 20 – Julie Miller, CG®,CGL℠, FNGS, “Abstracting Documents: An Essential Skill for All Genealogists”
- October 18 – Pam Stone Eagleson, CG®, “Misled by Records: Identifying Adam Cosner’s Parentage”
- November 15 – Nicole Gilkison LaRue, CG®, “Their Mark Here: Signatures and Marks as Identifying Tools”
- December 20 – Stephanie O’Connell, CG®, “Wayward Girls: A Context Case Study”
“We are pleased to present these high-quality educational webinars,” said President LaBrenda Garrett-Nelson, JD, LLM, CG®, CGL℠, FUGA. “The Board for Certification of Genealogists promotes public confidence in genealogy by supporting uniform standards of competence. We strive to provide educational opportunities to family historians of all levels of experience.”
BCG’s webinars are normally aired free on the third Tuesday of each month at 8 p.m. Eastern time. Those with schedule conflicts may access the webinars at no charge for one week after the broadcast on the Family Tree Webinars website. BCG webinars are always free to BCG-certified associates.
Following the free period for these webinars, BCG receives a small commission if you view this or any BCG webinar by clicking our affiliate link: https://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?aid=2619. For access to all BCG webinars, see the BCG Webinar Library at Legacy Family Tree Webinars (https://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?aid=2619).
To see the full list of BCG-sponsored webinars for 2022, visit the BCG blog SpringBoard at https://bcgcertification.org/bcg-2022-free-webinars. For additional resources for genealogical education, please visit the BCG Learning Center (https://bcgcertification.org/learning).
The words Certified Genealogist and its acronym, CG, are a registered certification mark, and the designations Certified Genealogical Lecturer and its acronym, CGL, are service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists®, used under license by board certificants after periodic evaluation.