Registration for the Board for Certification of Genealogists’ twelve monthly webinars in 2021 is now live at our partner website Legacy Family Tree Webinars (https://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?aid=2619). Dates, topics, and speakers are shown below.
- January 19 – Rick Sayre, CG®,CGL℠, FUGA, “Death and Burial Practices in World War I and World War II”
- February 16 – Ruth Randall, CG®, “A Family for Suzanne”
- March 16 – Nancy A. Peters, CG®,CGL℠, “Reporting on Research: Standards Encourage Better Communications”
- April 20 – J.H. (Jay) Fonkert, CG®, “Turning Raw Information into Evidence: Tips for Drawing and Explaining Conclusions”
- May 18 – Claire Ammon, CG®, “The Paternal Ten: Searching for Missing Heirs”
- June 15 – Denise E. Cross, MSLIS, CG®, “They Had Names: Identifying Children Represented by Tick Marks in Pre-1850 Censuses”
- July 20 – Alison Hare, CG®, “The Time of Cholera: A Case Study about Historical Context”
- August 17 – Thomas W. Jones, PhD, CG®,CGL℠, FASG, FNGS, FUGA, “Standards for Genealogical Documentation”
- September 21 – Pamela Boyer Sayre, CG®, FUGA, “Federal Records Related to Rivers and Canals”
- October 19 – Shellee A. Morehead, PhD, CG®, “My 20-year Mystery—Finding Family Origins with Y-DNA”
- November 16 – LaBrenda Garrett-Nelson, JD, LLM, CG®, CGL℠, “Planning Research”
- December 21 – Dana Ann Palmer, CG®,CGL℠, “Uncovering Immigrant Origins Through Cluster Research”
“The Board for Certification of Genealogists is pleased to present these high-quality educational webinars,” said President LaBrenda Garrett-Nelson, JD, LLM, CG®, CGL℠. “BCG provides educational offerings to family historians of all levels of experience, and promotes public confidence in genealogy by supporting uniform standards of competence.”
BCG’s webinars are normally aired free on the third Tuesday of each month at 8 p.m. Eastern time. Those with schedule conflicts may access the webinars at no charge for one week after the broadcast on the Family Tree Webinars website. BCG webinars are always free to BCG-certified associates.
Following the free period for this webinar, BCG receives a small commission if you view this or any BCG webinar by clicking our affiliate link: https://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?aid=2619. For access to all BCG webinars, see the BCG Library at Legacy Family Tree Webinars (https://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?aid=2619).
To see the full list of BCG-sponsored webinars for 2021, visit the BCG blog SpringBoard at https://bcgcertification.org/bcg-2021-free-webinars. For additional resources for genealogical education, please visit the BCG Learning Center (https://bcgcertification.org/learning).
The words Certified Genealogist and its acronym, CG, are a registered certification mark, and the designations Certified Genealogical Lecturer and its acronym, CGL, are service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists®, used under license by board certificants after periodic evaluation.