Request for Proposals
The Board for Certification of Genealogists® today issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the redesign of its website and branding for the twenty-first century.
Noting that the existing website is dated in both looks and functionality, the Board is seeking a complete makeover.
The purpose of the redesign is to better serve the needs of website users, including
• persons considering Board certification who are looking for information on the certification process and judging system, and the like
• BCG’s associates, trustees, and judges
• the general public interested in genealogical standards and/or in hiring a qualified genealogist to conduct research.
The desired web design must be fully mobile-ready and offer modern content management tools. It may, if appropriate, build on an existing content management system, such as Joomla or WordPress. Graphical elements, including logo and font choices, will be updated at the same time to foster consistent branding across all media (print and web). Other key elements include but are not limited to
• intuitive navigation;
• clean and focused design;
• optimization with SEO best practices;
• social media integration (share buttons, follow buttons, etc.);
• updated associates’ directory with automatic email and phone links.
The deadline for submissions is December 1, 2015. The desired launch date of the redesigned site is as soon as possible but no later than June 1, 2016.